[one_half padding="0 20px 0 20px"] <head> <title>mechanical safety</title> </head> Aerial Lift Safety Aerial lifts are vehicle-mounted devices that allow workers
As in the healthcare industry, construction workers should assume that all surfaces are contaminated with potentially infectious materials and use precautions when working in wastewater areas or on live sewer lines.
Here is an Example
David, a construction worker, accidentally rolled his loader into a lake. Although David survived the accident, it prompted the company to test the lake, which was contaminated with raw sewage.
- What should David have done after discovering the lake was contaminated?
- What should the company do?
Promoting Biohazard Safety
- Avoid direct contact with raw sewage. For pipelines or other inspections, remote-controlled robotic cameras can minimize human exposure.
- Use liquid-proof gloves, boots, and face protection when in direct contact with raw sewage. Face shields should be used where splashing is anticipated.
- Was clothing at high temperatures (160°F) to ensure that all oranisms are destroyed. Contaminated items should be kept away frome eating and food storage areas.
- Clean, treat, and report any cuts or punctures immediately. Consider all wounds as potentially infected.
Midsouth Mechanical has been doing business for almost 30 years. We offer our industrial clients efficient and cost-effective fabrication, modification, and repair of industrial equipment. From preventive plant maintenance, designing, installing and aligning machines, our exceptional skill and craftsmanship set us apart from the competition. Our number one priority day to day is safety. To see our published weekly Toolbox Talks, follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, or Facebook.