[one_half padding="0 20px 0 20px"] <head> <title>mechanical safety</title> </head> Aerial Lift Safety Aerial lifts are vehicle-mounted devices that allow workers
Housekeeping refers to maintaining materials, work areas, and walking areas in a clean, orderly, sanitary, and dry condition. Bad housekeeping is dangerous at any time. It leads to increased risks, production delays, property damage, and higher costs.
Here is an Example
Sharon, a carpenter, was doing framing for a custom-sized space on the second story of a house. There were a lot of wood pieces, scraps, and sawdust that accumulated over the day around the saw horses, power tools, cords, and materials piles. When leaving for the day she tripped over some of the items on the floor and fell down the stairwell, injuring her neck.
- Name things that could have been done to prevent this incident.
- Does your worksite have excessive quantities of lumber, debris, or flammable materials lying around?
- How regularly are materials organized and placed where they belong?
- Keep floors clean and clear of waste.
- Keep workplaces lighted.
- Keep hoses, power cords, and welding leads our of heavily traveled walkways or areas.
- Keep materials away from opening, rood edges, excavations, or trenches.
- Don’t allow materials to build up.
- Don’t block emergency exits, fire equipment, or first aid stations.
- Don’t store chemicals and gases near heat sources or electrical equipment
Midsouth Mechanical has been doing business for almost 30 years. We offer our industrial clients efficient and cost-effective fabrication, modification, and repair of industrial equipment. From preventive plant maintenance, designing, installing and aligning machines, our exceptional skill and craftsmanship set us apart from the competition. Our number one priority day to day is safety. To see our published weekly Toolbox Talks, follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, or Facebook.